5 Free and Best Camera Apps for Android in 2020
The generation where we are living, instead of carrying a DSLR everywhere, we have access to a remarkable camera right in our pockets. These days, many people rely on their smartphones as a primary device to capture photos and videos.
The camera app that comes with already installed on your android phone is probably pretty good. But it may not have more features that you need. So it has a wide variety of third-party and best camera apps for android that can help you to take better photos and videos that you need.
In this blog, I am going to listing some of the best camera apps for Android.
Note: This list of best camera apps for android isn’t in order of preference. Feel free to choose any one of them as per your needs.
So let’s dive into the best camera apps for android in 2020
#1 A Better Camera
A Better Camera is all in one mobile camera for android. In the list of best camera apps for Android, A better Camera is the number one position. This camera app delivers on its name. A Better Camera has lots of features including HDR mode, Panorama up to 360 degrees to 100 MPix, Night Mode, Pre-shot, Burst, and Expo-bracketing, of course, video recording features as well, etc.
The photo quality of this camera is actually quite good and it has also some extra features like object removal. If you buy a pro version of this camera, you will get some extra features.
Name: A Better Camera
Size: 8 MB
Current Version: 3.52
Requires Android: 4.0 and up
- HDR: bright colors and rich detail
- Panorama: up to 360 degrees to 100 MPix
- Multishot: Group portrait, Sequence shot, Removing unwanted objects with one click
- Night mode
- Video recording + pause
- Video and photo time lapse
- Pre-shot: pictures are taken before pressing
- Burst and Expo-bracketing
- Different kinds of focusing
- ISO option
- RAW capture (Nexus 5 with Android 5 currently)
- Focus and expo metering by separate points
- Manual controls (focus and shutter speed priority) available for Nexus 5, 6, and LG Flex 2
#2 Camera FV-5
Camera FV-5 is the best professional camera app for mobile devices. If you are searching for the best camera apps for android then this will be the best option for you. I personally use the pro version of this camera. That has mutual controls with fingertips like a DSLR. You can control the ISO as well. With this camera app, you can capture the best raw photos that you can post-process them later. In our list of best camera apps for Android, the camera FV-5 is a deserving 2nd position.
Name: Camera FV-5
Size: 5.6 MB
Current Version: 3.31.4
Requires Android: 4.0 and up
- Exposure compensation, ISO, light metering mode, focus mode, white balance mode.
- See exposure time, aperture, and stop display with EV and bracketing settings, in real-time!
- Full-fledged exposure bracketing: from 3 to 7 frames,
- Built-in intervalometer.
- Program and Speed-priority modes.
- Long exposure support.
- JPEG, true 16-bit RAW in DNG format.
- Manual shutter speed: from 1/80000 to 2″, or the range available on your device*.
- EXIF and XMP sidecar metadata support.
- Autofocus, macro, touch-to-focus, true manual focus*, and infinity focus modes.
- Auto Exposure (AE-L) and auto white balance (AWB-L) locks in Android 4.0+.
- RAW development and processing allow a smooth.
- Digital zoom using a multitouch pinch gesture.
- Live RGB histogram, 10 composition grid overlays, and 9 crop guides available.
- Powerful organization options:
- The user interface is available in more than 30 languages.
#3 Camera MX
Camera MX is another best camera app for android. It is a relatively old application but it has consistently updated. The Camera MX interface is simple and easy to use. This has normal features like built-in cameras but you can make your own GIFs with this camera. It also has built-in photo editing tools that might be very helpful as well.
Name: Camera MX – Photo & Video Camera
Size: 18 MB
Current Version: Varies with device
Requires Varies with device
- Front and back camera support
- Flash on/off/auto + torch light to brighten the scene permanently
- Fast camera zoom with pinch finger gestures
- Disable the shutter sound
- Optional GPS setting to save your current location Timer for delayed shots
- Gridlines for better photo compositions
- Change the exposure value to brighten/darken your photos
- Selfie display flash to take the best possible selfies even in low light situations
- Lock focus and exposure with a long touch
#4 Open Camera
The Open Camera app is one of the most popular camera apps available on Google Playstore. It has most of the serious features we’ve discussed before. The manual camera controls available in this app. It also has auto-stabilization and manual controls for white balance, ISO, and exposure features included. It’s also the best for both photographers and videographers.
In our list of best camera apps for android, the open-source camera ‘Open Camera’ deserves the 4th position out of 5.
Name: Open Camera
Company: Open Camera
Offered by: Mark Harman
Size: 2.7 MB
Current Version: 1.48.2
Requires Android: 4.0.3 and up
- Expose your camera’s functionality
- Handy remote controls
- Option to take photos remotely by making a noise, or by voice command “cheese”.
- Configurable volume keys and user interface.
- Upside-down preview option for use with attachable lenses.
- Overlay a choice of grids and crop guides.
- Optional GPS location tagging of photos and videos
- Apply date and timestamp, location coordinates, and custom text to photos
- Panorama, including for the front camera.
- Support for HDR and Exposure Bracketing.
- Support for Camera2 API:
- Noise reduction and Dynamic range optimization modes for better quality photos.
- Options for an on-screen histogram, zebra stripes, focus peaking.
- Focus bracketing mode.
- Completely free, and Open Source.
#5 Footej Camera
In the list of our best camera apps for android, the Footej Camera deserves 5th position. The Footej Camera takes advantage of the Camera2 API, which means it has all the manual controls you’d expect. The ISO of the camera, white balance, exposure, and focus are included. In this camera, you can also do fun things like make GIFs. And for the hardcore photo editors, RAW and RGB histograms are supported.
Name: Footej Camera
Company: Semaphore Inc.
Size: 38 MB
Current Version: 2020.9.2 build 100037
Requires Android: 5.0 and up
- Simple user interface
- Amazing Photo and Video quality
- Utilizes Android’s camera 2 API
- Focus and exposure from different areas
- Integrated Gallery and Slider
- Burst mode
- Animated GIFs
- Video slow motion recording
- Manual ISO, Focus, Shutter Speed control
- RAW format
- Snapshot during video recording
- Selfie Light
- Panorama mode
- HDR mode
- High frame rate recording
So here was the list of the best camera apps for Android available on Google PlayStore in 2020. Each has its perks and disadvantages. If I missed any of the best camera apps for Android, tell us about them in the comments!